|Enter a description of the Job|
JK Executive Strategies has partnered with a growing Not-For-Profit in search of a Chief Program Officer to join its team.
Under the general direction of the President/CEO and working in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the Chief Program Officer (CPO) is responsible for the oversight of the portfolio of programs and related services and continually evaluating program effectiveness to ensure superior results. The CPO will help promote and diversify funding through effective resource stewardship, strategic partnerships, government funding and private philanthropic support. This program portfolio includes the following: 1) Behavioral Health (inclusive of Medical and Health Services), 2) Residential, 3) Community Programs and 4) Education/Work Based Learning. The CPO will also frequently engage with the Board of Directors under the direction of the President/CEO.
The CPO must possess a holistic understanding of the culture, programs, practices and operations of our client and the industry and apply that understanding to provide strategic leadership to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Value Based Contracting and Performance Improvement. A critical function of this position is to provide leadership to strategy in alignment with overall vision, strategy, business plans and objectives.
The CPO will be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented workplace while providing oversight to Programs and Services. This position is a pivotal part of the ELT, guiding crucial decisions and leading the execution of those decisions. The CPO will work closely with the CEO and CFO to creatively design innovative program offerings, strategic partnerships and contracting/negotiating payments.
Successful CPO leadership requires a deep understanding of strategy, a commitment to continually developing one’s own leadership skills and those of their team, superior skill in clearly and effectively communicating to all levels in the organization and a demonstrated track record as a competent relationship builder who can partner with others to further the Agency’s mission and vision. The CPO must be comfortable in a target-driven environment and work to overcome any barriers that would prevent targets being met.
• Create long-term sustainable value inclusive of our clients, industry and community relationships.
• In coordination with the President/CEO and ELT, play a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, KPI’s, and service delivery while maintaining a focus on Behavioral Health and Social Determinants of Health as the future focus and core competency.
• Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of all programs, contracts and related services, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
• Demonstrate strong strategic program leadership through evaluation and long-range planning, developing new programs, evaluating potential alliances, and understanding the impact of new regulatory actions and solving program-related challenges through business strategy efforts.
• Evaluate the program structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency, effectiveness and succession planning of the group, with an emphasis on developing future leaders and attracting and retaining skilled, experienced and motivated individuals for all key management positions.
• Oversee and lead the management of the organization across multiple sites and departments and establish annual program, departmental and staff goals and objectives.
• Directly supervise program leaders, and work closely with senior program staff to build their skills and confidence ensuring they have both the competency and willingness to mentor, encourage and motivate all staff.
• Create and support a high performing culture that is aligned with our client’s core values and Guiding Principles by developing a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively and implementing yearly staff development plans and mentoring.
• Support fund development efforts by promoting program fundraising, proposal writing, and collaborating with the President/CEO to steward funding/partnership relationships.
• Partner with the Chief Strategy Officer on performance improvement planning, using meaningful data to facilitate operational excellence.
• Serve as liaison to key government agencies, in particular to the State Offices, County Leadership and Key Partnerships in the Community.
• Collaborate with the ELT to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, risk management, processes and personnel designed to accommodate growth objectives and position our client to react to emerging trends.
• Define and maintain high agency standards put forth by National Council on Accreditation and other licensing entities and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, executing any necessary changes in existing processes, services, and programs and holding teams accountable.
• Participate actively on relevant boards, committees and task forces and at external speaking engagements, conference panels and trainings to advance our client and Community Mission/Vision.
• Review and update program’s risk management plan annually, provide recommendations to address relevant and emerging areas of risk and present observations to the Chief Compliance Officer.
• Performs other duties as requested by President/CEO.
• Master’s Degree or equivalent experience and education required.
• 10+ year of experience with progressively increasing management responsibility and 5+ years in a senior management role.
• Familiarity with health or behavioral health fields; ability to provide easily accessible and highly effective technical assistance leading to transformation across the health and human services industry.
• Solid understanding of best practices, change tools and resources to enhance programming and capacity to provide highest quality care for people we serve.
• Solid understanding of social determinants of health/health equity, consensus building and facilitation skills; commitment to ongoing learning and development needed to keep pace with this rapidly evolving field.
• Successful track record of building and leading an innovative and collaborative strategic plan. Understanding of current and evolving trends and best practices in the sector. Must be able to demonstrate effective change management and be able to navigate a large, multifaceted organization.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Must be comfortable in a target-driven environment and work to overcome any barriers that would prevent targets being met.