To view our current job listings, please click on the appropiate category below. If you would like to submit a job listing to us, please click here for our job submission form.
|Job Title||Direct Support Professional|
|Enter a description of the Job|
Newly hired, full-time, DSP’s will receive a $2,000 bonus after completion of 1-year of active, full-time employment.
Abbott House is seeking compassionate Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to work directly with adults with intellectual disabilities while promoting their personal, physical and emotional wellbeing. The primary role of the Direct Support Professional is to work alongside the people we support in order to help them to achieve their personal goals. The DSP ensures the delivery of Habilitation services, service plans or other OPWDD supports and documents and verifies daily data collection.
About Abbott House
Abbott House is an innovative community-based organization that helps children, families, adults and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities with complex needs build lasting foundations for a promising future. We operate programs in the New York Metropolitan area and Hudson Valley.
1. Establish positive working relationships with persons receiving services, co-workers, management and the public.
2. Maintain a professional demeanor when interacting with parents, guardians and other professionals.
3. Implement outlined Habilitation and Behavioral Support plans/programs.
4. Assist with personal care of persons receiving support as needed.
5. Administer prescribed medications to persons receiving supports after successful completion of AMAP medication administration course.
6. Assist individuals with planning and participating in the community activities.
7. Drive agency vehicles for transportation of persons receiving supports and adheres to all related vehicle operation policies.
You are the ideal candidate if you are enjoy working in the social services field while empowering underserved communities. Being compassionate, reliable, self-motivated, and a team player are critical attributes to be successful in this role.
You have a High school diploma or GED
Professional growth opportunities
To Apply - Submit Resume with cover letter indicating position of interest to : SPDDresumes@abbotthouse.net
|Company Name||Abbott House|