|Enter a description of the Job|
ANDRUS is Children. ANDRUS is Hope. ANDRUS is Families.
Come join a team that supports vulnerable children, families, and communities by providing them stability, security, support and hope that opens the door to their limitless future. ANDRUS utilizes education and trauma informed care to promote healing. We make a positive impact for our staff and people we support through our commitment to Democracy, Emotional Intelligence, Growth and Change, Non-Violence, Open Communication, Social Learning, and Social Responsibility.
What we offer:
Along with our generous benefit package, we offer a beautiful 110-acre campus, culturally diverse environment that supports growth & change, professional development programs including CEU credits, free parking, an on-site pet therapy program, free on-site gym, management training program and free lunch. For more information on our generous benefits, please visit our website at www.andrus1928.org
As a member of the finance team, the Director reports to the CFO. In coordination with the AVP of Finance is responsible for the processing of accounting transactions related to Audits, Banking, Investments, Cash management, Tax filings, monthly general ledger maintenance, monthly and annual financial closing process including but not limited to cash receipts posting, journal posting and analysis of general ledger accounts. This position is responsible for the supervision of a staff accountant and a purchasing manager.
General work hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am – 5 pm weeks days. Other hours may be necessary for specific projects.
The qualified candidate will possess:
•7+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in finance and accounting functions, preferably within a not-for profit environment but not required.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in accounting or finance, MBA or CPA desired
• Working knowledge of accounting systems, general ledger structure, journal entries, treasury functions, data collection, data analysis, cash flow and internal controls best practices.
• Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and financial management
• Experience with financial reporting, 990 tax filings, GAAP accounting, and annual audits
• Support the monthly financial close and annual audit process.
• Liaise with key stakeholders, investment firms, banks, Insurance brokers
• Support development of processes, assumptions and results
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Mission-driven; passionate about organization
• Must be organized and detail oriented. Ability to prioritize workload according to urgency, deadlines, and ad-hoc needs Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills, attention to detail, strong data management and analytical skills. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated experience with management level financial reporting
• Demonstrated experience as liaison with internal and external stakeholders and Board committees
• Prior supervisory experience
• Experience with Procurement procedures desired