|Enter a description of the Job|
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexity, chronic health conditions, significant disabilities and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Per Diem Clinical Rehabilitative Service Provider to join its CFTSS (Child and Family Treatment and Support Services) and HCBS (Home and Community Based Service Program in all four Boroughs of New York City, (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx and Staten Island.)
DESCRIPTION OF DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM:
• Agency Name: New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
• Title of Position: Bilingual Per-Diem Clinical Rehabilitative Service Provider
• Position Type: Bilingual Per Diem
• Location: 37 West 26th Street 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010
Department: CFTSS (Child and Family Treatment and Support Services) and HCBS (Home and Community Based Service Program.
Program: Under the general direction and supervision of the Clinical Rehabilitative Service Provider Supervisor, the Clinical Rehabilitative Service Provider interacts with clients and families in a variety of settings including biological, pre-adoptive and foster homes, schools, and neighborhood, community and group care settings, and will deliver the services that are outlined below.
Description of Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate skills that promote a safe, physical and emotional environment for children and families within the context of their living environment and community.
• Provides a variety of services to youth and family, including Caregiver/Family Support and Services, Respite, Prevocational and Supportive Employment, Community Self Advocacy, Training and Supports, Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Community Psychiatric Supports and Treatment, Other Licensed Professional and any others that may be assigned.
• Develops Service/Treatment Plans with goals/objectives for youth and family related to the client/family’s needs and connected to a specific service being provided. The Clinical/Rehabilitative Service Provider reports on progress towards the attainment of the goals.
• Assists in crisis response and management as necessary.
• Works flexible hours as dictated by service need and assumes responsibility for on-call coverage per team assignment. Includes working weekends, evening and split shifts as required by service needs.
• Complete required documentation for Medicaid billing within prescribed timeframes.
• Complete required and recommended trainings.
• Communicate regularly with NAC staff and respond to email and phone calls within 24 hours.
• Participate in supervision as scheduled.
Required Education and Experience:
The wide variety of services within the two programs have different educational requirements depending on what service you are providing:
• A minimum of a High School Diploma coupled with experience working with children for some services is required, but most services require a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Human Services or other related fields
• A Master’s degree is required for crises related services and licensure in the following fields is required for the OLP Service (Licensed Psychoanalysts, Marriage and Family therapist, Mental Health Counselor or a LCSW or LMSW).
• Must be willing to work in participants homes
• Must have quick and easy access to a computer, and be adept at using the computer for internet, word processing and email correspondence.
How to Apply:
Please indicate Bilingual Per-Diem Clinical Rehabilitative Service Provider in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to: CFTSS_jobs@nackidscan.org
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., visit our website at www.nackidscan.org