|Enter a description of the Job|
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, chronic illnesses, and disabilities throughout the five boroughs. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor to join its Special Medical Prevention Program.
The Prevention Program is designed to deliver a range of clinical, case management and supportive services, with the goal of helping families remain intact while ensuring caregivers receive the appropriate support to meet all of their children’s physical, developmental, educational, social/emotional, and mental health needs. The ideal Social Worker (MSW)/Mental Health Counselor (MHC) will be strength-based, trauma-informed, culturally responsive and committed to family preservation and resilience. This is a home and community-based program so the candidate must be flexible with the ability to work independently and flex their hours to meet the needs of youth and parents. We operate on a hybrid-model allowing for work-from-home when not in the field. This Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor position offers a highly rewarding opportunity to build strong relationships with at-risk families and an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative multidisciplinary team composed of pediatricians, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, clinicians, education and recreation specialists, and more!
• Title of Position: Prevention Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor
• Position Type: Full-time
• Locations: 37 W 26th St., 11th Floor | New York, NY 10010
o 1775 Grand Concourse, Suite 703 | Bronx, NY 10453
• Program: Special Medical Preventive Services
Description of Responsibilities:
• Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor provides casework and clinical services to children and families utilizing individual and family modalities. Coordinates services for a caseload of 8-9 families as recommended by NAC’s multi-disciplinary treatment team.
• Provides intensive social work services to children and families in order to implement the goals and tasks of the Family Assessment and Service Plan (FASP).
• Conducts home and community-based visits to families.
• Ensures adherence to agency policies and ACS regulatory requirements.
• Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor makes adequate use of individual and group supervision, on-site clinical trainings and mental health in-services. Group supervision offered for those working toward clinical licensure.
• Completes ACS and NAC paperwork in a timely manner and ensures that documentation conforms to agency, city and state regulatory requirements.
• Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor works collaboratively with psychiatrists, psychologists, pediatricians, nurses, education specialists and fellow clinicians in a dynamic, strength-based interdisciplinary team model.
Required Education and Experience:
• MSW or MHC from an accredited school
• Prior experience in preventive services, child welfare, and/or health care preferred
• Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
• Strong engagement skills
• Self-awareness and motivation around team building
• Proficiency in Spanish is preferred (and includes a salary differential)
How to Apply:
Please indicate Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., visit our website at www.nackidscan.org