|Enter a description of the Job|
Director of Fund Development & Grants Management
Full Time 35 hours/week
St. Anne Institute is a private, not for profit, secular residential & community-based preventive service agency committed to providing the highest level of care & rehabilitation services in the briefest time to children & families throughout NY.
Description of Duties:
St. Anne Institute is currently seeking a full time Director of Fund Development & Grants Management to provide leadership, administration & direction for the Fundraising & Development activities of the Agency & Foundation. This position will be accountable for expanding & strengthening the Agency’s visibility & impact by implementing a comprehensive plan for developing new & deepening existing relationships with key external alliances to maximize philanthropic support & increase the St. Anne Foundation assets.
Fundraising and Development:
• Work with the Agency, Foundation Board of Trustees, & special events volunteers to create & manage fundraising goals & strategies.
• Build planned giving through the solicitation of bequests, trusts, & other deferred gifts.
• Plan & implement special events; direct mail, staff & board, & corporate appeals.
• Direct the annual fund program, including mailing & annual fundraising drives.
• Execute capital campaigns & other major fund raising drives; manage electronic system
• Provide reports on earned income and expenses.
• Maintain an effective record-keeping system of donors, prospects & follow-up strategies.
• Serve as staff support to the St. Anne Institute Nominating Committee.
Communications and Marketing:
• Oversee the development & implementation of creative strategic communication plans based on the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of St. Anne Institute through collateral materials, the SAI website, Facebook page, other social media sites & the media.
• Ensure smooth and transparent internal communications at all levels of the agency.
• Serve as a compelling advocate for SAI programs & operations.
• Oversee preparation of the annual audit for the St. Anne Foundation.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, & acknowledge individual donors.
• Build relationships with prospective major donors, corporations & foundations to ensure the organization develops strong long-term relationships with large scale individual, foundation & corporate donors/funders.
• Participate in community organizations that can advance the agency’s mission & goals.
• Provide high standards of stewardship for the St. Anne Foundation, specifically regarding activities designed to fortify and grow the endowment.
• Oversee the preparation of and follow-up on specific grant proposals
• Liaison with all prospective & active grant funders to coordinate all required reports.
• Coordinate grant seeking including research, proposal writing, & reporting requirements.
• Maintain membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum of 5 years experience in non-profit development. Must have a working knowledge of annual giving, board development, special events, public relations, volunteer management, grant writing, planned giving & fundraising software. (e.g. Razor’s Edge). Must be results-oriented, articulate, and enthusiastic. The Director must remain current with all fundraising and development regulations and strategies
St. Anne's Institute offers generous planned time off including vacation, personal and paid time off for preventative screenings, sick time, group health, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, FSA (flexible spending account), EAP (Employee Assistance Program), tuition assistance and 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.