|Enter a description of the Job|
MMHC - 323202
NEW YORK, NY, US
About the Family Enrichment Center
The Family Enrichment Center (FEC) is a warm and welcoming community gathering place in the Hunts Point neighborhood of the Bronx. It is a space where any member of the community can come for support, information and services. The FEC is a home like setting, which reflects the community, and offers direct services, activities and resources that promote family well-being and empowerment. In partnership with FEC staff, families will drive the planning, development, and sustainable co-ownership of the centers. Families who participate in the FEC programming will be encouraged to share their expertise by volunteering at the center, and given meaningful opportunities to engage with neighbors and peers. The goal of the FEC is to strengthen families’ protective factors and build community connections, capacity and resilience.
About Graham Windham
In full partnership with families and communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference with children, youth and families who are overcoming some of life's most difficult challenges and obstacles, by helping to build a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity to succeed in school and in the world. With over 600 full-time employees serving children and families in multiple programs throughout Westchester County, Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, Graham Windham provides an exciting & enriching work experience.
The focus of this job is building connections with local community board and committees, community partners, and stakeholders. The FEC Community Liaison is responsible for contributing to the day-to-day operation of the FEC. Alongside the FEC Director, the Community Liaison will work to develop and maintain community partnerships agreements. The Community Liaison will work to cultivate relationships with other organizations to provide offerings to community members at the FEC, and create a warm and welcoming gathering place where any community resident can go for family support, information, offerings and resources.
The Community Liaison will work to maintain the FEC computer technology, FEC resource guide, develop marketing material, work on community membership, take active steps volunteers and ensure that they are valued members of the FEC. In addition, the Community Liaison will communicate and create a network of resources by serving on community district committees, attending local school meetings, building relationships with local faith-based groups, as well as, business associations. The community liaison will promote and recruit for FEC activities, including by giving presentations on the work of the FEC to local community groups. The Community Liaison will organize FEC street outreach community events.
• A proven leader and community organizing
• Knowledge of marketing and technology
• Warm, outgoing, enthusiastic, and can enliven, engage, and positively impact individuals and groups from a diverse community.
• Driven toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others
• Someone who has a sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated and believe that is the foundation for designing and implementing interactive communication and programs
• Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects occurring simultaneously
• Able to involve others in decision-making processes, promote cooperation, and possess a strong commitment to results
• Solution-focused and skilled at pro-actively establishing relationships and new groups.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in social work, public policy, education, public administration, or related field; and/or equivalent experience
• Bilingual (Spanish/English)
• Lived and/or worked in the South Bronx
• Strong interpersonal skills, be able to connect with and engage children, youth and families
• Experience imputing data, running data driven reports and using the information to make programmatic decisions
• Technology and marketing experience
• Experience developing and running street outreach events, develop community partnerships and developing community resources
It Is A Plus If You:
• Have experience in any of the following areas: political campaigns, street outreach and/or developing community programs and services.
• Have experience organizing.
Position: Full Time;
Salary: $50,000 + Merit + Benefits