|Enter a description of the Job|
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, chronic illnesses, and disabilities throughout the five boroughs. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking an Inventory and Donation Specialist to join its Office Services.
With the Senior Director of Client Needs and Special Events and the Assistant Director of Office Services, the Inventory and Donation Specialist will ensure an efficient tracking, storage, and distribution of office supplies and equipment, and in-kind donations available to clients. On-site labor will be frequent, with special attention in unloading, unboxing and sorting supplies, equipment and donations. Careful attention will be given to the acceptance, inventory and organization of items that stored in our supply closets and in the 12th floor area.
• Agency Name: New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
• Title of Position: Inventory and Donation Specialist
• Position Type: Full-Time
• Location: 37 West 26th Street, New York NY 10010
• On-site labor will be frequent, with primary attention placed on unloading, unboxing, sorting for supplies, equipment and donations, both on and off site.
• Unpacking and providing detailed inventory for all items, including office supplies, furniture, equipment, and donations.
• Responsible for bringing items to the appropriate storage space in the 12th floor storage room,
• Frequent organization of the 12th floor storage room, so that equipment, furniture and donations can be stored by category and accessed easily.
• When available, will be asked to assist Van Driver with pick up of items, and/or distribution to staff or clients who are identified to receive them.
May be asked to take photos on agency device of donations and/or clients who receive donations, to provide to Senior Director of Client Needs, and the Directors in Development and Volunteers/Community Relations.
• Throughout the year, will coordinate with social workers to pull specific client needs on the 12th floor and arrange for Social Worker pick up, or delivery through NAC van.
• Assist in the planning and day of organization of items for all special events, including those with donors and/or special events for giveaways.
• Support corporate initiatives and assist with any special projects assignments as required
• Respond promptly and professionally to all emails and phone calls regarding in-kind donations
Accepts donations on and offsite. Interacts with benefactors in a manner that promotes partnership and future support.
Provides a professional level of service to all internal and external NAC employees; report matters or concerns to supervisor promptly.
Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team-oriented, fast paced environment.
Ability to maintain accurate electronic records and inventories, and to access/share this information and generate reports swiftly.
Requires the ability to create and share an electronic calendar, and to provide consistent communication with various staff throughout the agency
May be asked to help facilitate visits from volunteer and/or community groups who provide support for events like the book fair, back to school, holiday gift and coat drives, and 12th floor reorganization.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly adaptive, organized and efficient.
• Ability to interact well with a variety of personality types; helpful attitude to staff and clients alike
• Adept at organizing and implementing creative and supportive projects
• Solid computer skills – must have familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Word & Excel
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including 1 Saturday per month.
• Able to lift, up to, 40 lbs. and, occasionally, lift/move items, up to, 100 lbs. (e.g. large bags of donations, televisions, furniture, etc.) Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Experience and knowledge of children and their developmental stages a plus.
• Experience in customer service, clothing and/or retail, photography, and social media is a plus
How to Apply:
Please indicate The Inventory and Donation Specialist in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., visit our website at www.nackidscan.org