|Enter a description of the Job|
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexity, chronic health conditions, significant disabilities and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Child Placement Specialist to join its Foster Care Home finding Department.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Assists the foster care team with locating kinship resources for children in foster care by utilizing a combination of casework, family meetings, and technological search engines.
- Works with the foster care department to preserve challenging foster care placements through family support and mediation.
- Collaborates with the Homefinding and Case Planning Departments to provide ongoing support for foster parents.
- Assists with the matching process between children and foster families.
- Participates in family team conferences, case reviews and department meetings as needed.
- Clinically assesses all intakes received from Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), in collaboration with the Homefinding staff, case planning, medical department, and mental health as appropriate.
- Completes all ACS and NAC paperwork in a timely manner and ensures that documentation in foster parent records conforms to agency, city and state regulatory requirements.
- Distributes Homefinder placement/admissions and notification packets to appropriate foster care and supportive programs i.e. medical, mental health, education, etc.
- Monitors ACS intranet referral portal, telephone and email correspondence assessing appropriate referrals for agency.
- Co-trains prospective foster families in approved per-certification training curriculum.
- Co-facilitate foster parent support groups with the Assistant Director of Intake and Foster Parent Support. Required Education and Experience:
- Child welfare experience preferred. Required Skills:
- Willingness to develop strong relationships, and ability to demonstrate patience, compassion, and empathy for clients.
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal skills to foster healthy and productive relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Good mediation/conflict resolution skills.
How to Apply: Please indicate “Child Placement Specialist “in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code>
Human Resources Department>
New Alternatives for Children >
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor >
New York, NY 10010 >
eFax: 929-273-7865 >
Phone: 212-994-7938 >
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., including more information on employee benefits and our agency culture, visit our website at www.nackidscan.org