|Enter a description of the Job|
The Staff Development & Training Coordinator will be responsible for assessing and meeting the training needs of the agency. The Coordinator will provide training, consultation and technical assistant to all programs, while ensuring agency compliance with local and state mandates. He/she will establish effective objectives and training plans to educate and enhance program functioning and staff performance. The coordinator must be able to plan, organize and facilitate training for employees using a variety of instructional techniques or formats such as; role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, schedule and facilitate mandated and enhancement trainings agency-wide.
• Register staff for outside trainings as needed.
• Work collaboratively with program leaders, QI and HR to assist with the development of training materials that meet identified training objectives.
• Develop materials and job aids designed to meet identified training needs, including training for new hire and refresher trainings.
• Participate in external training networks, local and state training and practice meetings as necessary.
• Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and submission of training reports both internally and externally.
• Represent the agency and serve as liaison with ACS, DOH, OCFS, OMH, OPWDD and different federations.
• Liaison with the Westchester Training Consortium, the Coalition for Children and Families and other member organizations as necessary.
• Evaluate training effectiveness and revise materials and instructional aids as necessary to ensure achievement of program objectives.
• Monitor and track training records and develop dashboard reports for all program.
• Coordinate and maintain records of all contracted trainers and agencies for both enrichment and mandated trainings.
• Conduct periodic Need Assessments both agency wide, program specific, and utilize results to develop annual training curriculum for individual programs and agency-wide.
• Resource to and serve as an expert for all programs in providing innovative and effective learning and development solutions.
• Other duties as assigned
Coordinator interested in learning other trainings will need to be certified in required trainings within six months of assuming the position. These certifications will at a minimum include: CPR/First Aid/AED (BLS -American Heart Association and American Red Cross), SCIP, LGBTQ, TCI.
• Must have proven abilities and experience as a trainer.
• Capable of presenting effective trainings that engages staff and produces measurable results
• Experience providing educational, training or instructional services in ACS, DOH, OCFS, OMH and OPWDD.
• Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of trauma-informed theories, principles, practices and effects of trauma on individuals, children, families, staff and communities.
• Efficient in Online Learning Management Systems (Relias, Cornerstone, etc.).
• Ability to deliver training modules using a variety of training techniques.
• Flexibility to provide trainings during weekends and after hours when needed
• Flexibility to travel to different work sites to conduct trainings