The Bilingual (Spanish/English) Care Manager is responsible for the Care Coordination of Targeted Case Management-HH Cases or the Children’s Waiver-HH cases. This includes assessment of new referrals, outreach to gain referrals and coordinating medical and mental health services with assigned Health Home.
• Complete CANS Certification
• Complete Care Plans to meet guideline of Health Home
• Complete Monthly Children’s Billing Questionnaire
• Obtain Verification Eligibility
• Conduct Monthly visits as per Health Home guidelines
• Follow all Health Home policies and procedures
• Adhere to the 48-hour progress note guideline
• Adhere to Agency Human Resources policies and procedures
• Maintain required agency trainings
• Attend Weekly Supervision
• Perform other related tasks as indicated by Supervisor & A.V.P.
• Maintain all necessary documentation as related to Health Home
• Utilization of web-based Health Commerce System, MAPP, UAS CANS, GSI portal
• Coordinate with Health Home and Consumer service needs
• Demonstrate understanding and put into practice 6 Core Elements
• Perform CANS Assessment and Health Home Appropriateness Screening Assessment on all new referrals, determining qualifications for Health Home admission
• Maintain all necessary documentation related to Health Homes
• Conduct outreach in designated venues to generate program referrals
• Conduct mandated monthly client contacts
• Attend necessary appointments with clients
• Develop client Plan of Care by the required due dates to include the DOH required 10 Care Plan elements
• Attend all mandated and necessary Health Home and DOH training
• Work flexible hours when required
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Skills, Knowledge, Ability)
Ability to interact with and complete assignments in a manner sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Ability to read, interpret, and communicate effectively with clients and Stakeholders and ability to write client progress notes and client reports.
Ability to understand various software and web-based program applications
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE AND REGISTRATIONS:
Completion and yearly renewal of CANS certification
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidates in one of the following Fields: Audiology, Child and Family Studies, Communication Disorders, Community Mental Health, Counseling, Education, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Psychology, Recreation, Recreational Therapy, Rehabilitation, Social Work, Sociology, Speech and Language Pathology, Human Services, Human Development, Criminal Justice or other related degrees. Candidate with the following degrees and level of experience required:
BS or related degree plus 4 years of experience: providing direct services to Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) children and adolescents or providing linkage to services for children with one mental health diagnoses.
MS or related degree plus 2 years of experience: providing direct services to Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) children and adolescents or providing linkage to services for children with one mental health diagnoses.
Hudson Valley positions required a valid, non-restricted, NYS driver license.