About the Job:
The Social Work Supervisor works with the Program Director in the child welfare system and as part of the Mobility Mentoring management team, will assist in overseeing the implementation of program services to children and their families by providing staff supervision. The Social worker supervisor will oversee the Case Manager II as they assess participants using EMPATH’s bridge to Self Sufficiency, provide comprehensive mentoring to achieve economic mobility, make referrals and collaborate with neighborhood partners.
The Social Work Supervisor is responsible for building strong staff coaching capabilities, acting as a team member in relationship with the Case Manager II and management, coordinating with partners, implementation of data collection, processes, outcomes, and engagement with program mentors. The Social Work Supervisor will also assist in the implementation of the Improved Outcomes for Children (IOC) initiative and facilitate Family Team Conferences (FTC’s) as required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains regular contact with participants and supports Case Manager II in accordance with program parameters.
* Refers to community services and organizations; collaborates with providers to evaluate progress and update goals and action steps as necessary; and maintains records to document participants’ progress in accordance with program standards and outcome measures.
* Provide weekly supervision to Case Manager II to remain current with changes, new tools, and requirements and increase ability to provide feedback on training and model development and provide programmatic coverage as needed.
* Responsible for direct services and related activities to ensure and support daily operations in accordance with program standards, outcome requirements, including but not limited to staff coverage, home visits, liaisons and referrals with other service organizations.
* Collect and process data and information to meet program requirements and to inform and support decision making; keep clients’ files up to date with timely and accurate notes; prepares and disseminates reports as needed. Assist team in setting program goals and monitors progress.
* Develop and oversee ongoing program planning as well as assess staff needs and train accordingly.
* Ensure that staff maintains confidentiality, is compliant with contractual obligations and are audit ready at all times.
* Review cases of assigned staff monthly and document in Connections for CWS and in the case record for ADVPO.
* Conduct home visits for assessments and intakes and accompany case managers on home visits when indicated.
* Serves as back up for Program Director and maintains effective liaisons with community resources/providers.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
* Masters from an accredited School of Social Work.
* LCSW or Licensed Mental Health Professional LMSW preferred.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* 3 or more years of experience working with children and family services preferred.
* Possess excellent individual and group counseling skills.
* Excellent communication skills(oral and written) and organization skills.
* 3 or more years of experience in supervision and administration preferred.
* Knowledge of child abuse/neglect issues required.
* Knowledge of Connections and PROMIS and Improved Outcomes for Children (IOC) initiative and Family Team Conference (FTC) model.
* Knowledge/experience in supervision of similar FRP helpful.
* Experience with outpatient mental health /substance abuse treatment setting helpful.
* Bilingual Spanish/English speaking preferred.
* Computer literate, including experience with all Microsoft office software packages, local area networks and the internet.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to work flexible hours including evenings/Saturdays as assigned.
* Ability to and conduct home/field visits.
* Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
* Ability to read computer screen for long periods of time.
* Ability to operate computer and other office equipment.
* Frequent sitting, standing, walking.
* Ability to walk, climb stairs and use public transportation.
Please go to the below page to apply: