To view our current job listings, please click on the appropiate category below. If you would like to submit a job listing to us, please click here for our job submission form.
|Job Title||Family Team Conference Facilitators|
|City||Brooklyn and Queens|
|Enter a description of the Job|
JOB SUMMARY: The Coalition for Hispanic Family Services is looking for Family Team Conference (FTC) Facilitators for its Brooklyn and Queens Preventive Services sites. The FTC Facilitator is responsible for helping surface any safety issues that may threaten the safety of children at home, as well as the status of behaviors or conditions that present risk of abuse or maltreatment to the child, and to help family members create a plan that will address them. Utilize a strength-based perspective in guiding the processes that is solution focused. Maintain a neutral and/or objective perspective while guiding the problem-solving solutions raised by staff, children, and/or family members. The FTC Facilitator reports to the Site Director
1. Facilitate and coordinate all Family Team Conferences in the Preventive Services program to ensure case plan decisions reflect CHFS’ values and principles.
2. Maintain fidelity to the FTC model. Establish an atmosphere conducive to facilitating an FTC that is strength-based, solution-focused, and engages all stakeholders in a participatory process to assist in reaching consensus.
3. Raises objective questions to initiate “straight talk” among the stakeholders and guide the problem-solving process.
4. Communicates with direct supervisor to troubleshoot decisions prior to cancelling or rescheduling an FTC if a stakeholder is not be present or arriving late for the conference.
5. Anticipate and communicate with the Program Director any incident occurred in an FTC that may require additional administrative intervention such as identified safety issues, reasons that should deem a removal, or concerns that may have not required reaching consensus but may impact attaining the goals set forth on behalf of the case.
6. Ensure that solutions and/or next steps are measurable, have time limits and are matched to needs by identifying whom, what and when to accomplish next steps.
7. Assures all stakeholders have the FTC summary report, which is inclusive of next steps, timeframes and any referral source(s).
8. Submit weekly calendar to Site Director to reflect all FTCs that will be facilitated
9. Ensure timely documentation of FTC summary report in CONNX to be contemporaneous with the time conference was held.
10. Attend and participate in scheduled supervision to report on the FTCs held, and raise concerns that are pertinent to the follow up of supervisors and staff in addressing the needs and goals identified at each conference.
11. Attend program administrative meetings and actively participate in the team’s effort to meet performances outcomes and plan effectively for the administrative functioning of the program.
12. Flexibility in work schedule to assure FTCs occur
13. Complete other assignments as needed or designated by the Site Director.
SKILLS AND EXPECTATIONS:
• The FTC Facilitator will be experienced and trained in the ACS, FTC model.
• The FTC Facilitator will utilize a strength based, family approach to conducting conferences with families and other stake holders in order to ensure families are making positive change, and that family cases move timely and appropriately towards closure.
• The FTC Facilitator will utilize critical thinking in order to develop a plan that will work for the family and team.
• The FTC Facilitator will model professional behavior at all times, utilizing tact and diplomacy with staff, families and other stake holders.
• The FTC Facilitator will be innovative, exercise critical thinking, and demonstrate flexibility, in order to contribute to the successful operation of the foster boarding home program.
• The FTC Facilitator will encourage participants to participate and will use reflection to let the family and team become aware of both verbal and non verbal communication.
• The FTC Facilitator will ensure that no one participant dominates the discussion by refocusing the group toward task, future, and solutions.
• The FTC Facilitator will utilize a team approach to assist the group in reaching consensus.
QUALIFICATIONS: A master’s degree in Social Work is required, as well as being Bilingual in Spanish. Knowledge of child welfare and understanding of systemic approaches for engaging families in team conferences. Possess strong oral, writing, and organizational skills. Must be effective in negotiation skills and ability to develop effective working relationships. Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet short term deadlines. Requires flexibility, and good engagement and assessment skills.
SALARY: Low to mid 50s, commensurate with experience and language skills.
|Company Name||Coalition for Hispanic family services|