|Enter a description of the Job|
The New York Foundling is currently seeking Therapists for our Child Welfare and Behavioral Health Programs. We have home-based Therapist positions throughout all five boroughs of New York City using Brief Strategic Family Therapy (BSFT), Multisystemic Therapy (MST), Functional Family Therapy (FFT) and Functional Family Therapy - Therapeutic Case Management (FFT-TCM) Models.
• Manage assigned caseload and provide coverage for peer's caseload as needed, provides direct clinical treatment
using methods compatible with assigned model.
• Conducts assessments including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants,
identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses and individualized treatment planning.
• Maintains clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and
feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the assigned model
• Participates in all model training, supervision, consultation activities, and staff meetings.
• Builds relationships with community stakeholders (i.e., child protection services, Guardians ad Litem, judges,
schools, etc.) to ensure cooperation among service providers
• Manages the extensive documentation requirements to successfully comply with various mandates from agency,
ACS, and other stakeholders, including model.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or
related field required.
• Experience with individual and family therapy preferred.
• LMSW, Limited Permit, LMFT, LMHC or LCSW strongly preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required for some positions.