|Enter a description of the Job|
St. Anne Institute is a private, not for profit, secular residential & community-based preventive service agency committed to providing the highest level of care & rehabilitation services in the briefest time to children & families throughout NY.
SAI is currently seeking a part-time Psychiatrist Consultant to provide supervision to the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner & provide recommendations for psychopharmacology treatment.
• Provide psychiatric assessments of children/youth either prior to receiving treatment services or during the initial weeks of service provision.
• Conduct monthly medication reviews of all children/youth on psychotropic medications.
• Maintain communication with the consultant physician and medical clinic staff including RNs, LPNs and the Administrative Assistant.
• Work cooperatively with treatment teams including case managers, therapists, program managers and administrators.
• Provide clinical support to the Interim Director of Residential Clinical Services, Interim Director of Outpatient Clinical Services, and other clinical and agency staff as needed.
• Provide information to staff on medications and changes in the field of medication management and mental health treatment.
• Provide crisis intervention services &/or crisis consultation to the treatment team & On-Call/Quality Improvement staff when needed.
• Assist with the development of individual service plans based on assessment data, and provide therapeutic interventions as necessary including but not limited to the provision of ongoing medication management services.
• Provide consultation and education to agency staff, caregivers and clients as it relates to the treatment and medication needs of the clients.
• Participate in discharge planning with the treatment team.
• Maintain documentation of services including service plan, update progress notes, medication informed consent, quarterly treatment plan reviews, and other required information in compliance with agency and third party compliance standards.
• Assist in the placement of clients/youth into psychiatric hospitals when needed.
• Keep abreast of changes in the field of psychiatry including updates on psychotropic meds.
Qualifications: M.D., 2 years’ experience with adolescents experiencing significant mental health challenges
To Apply: Fill out an application Online at: Online Employment Application or email your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com