Founded in 1965, the Chinese-American Planning Council, Inc. (CPC) is the nation's largest Asian American social services agency. Our vision is to advance and transform communities, and our mission is to promote social and economic empowerment among Chinese American, immigrant and low-income communities. Our organizational values are: 1) We are our community; 2) We embrace our community; and 3) We empower our community.
CPC's Community Health Services (CHS) raises the consciousness of HIV/AIDS in the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities by providing various educational outreach events, prevention information, linkage to care, supportive services, advocacy and referral for HIV testing. The program uses its cultural and linguistic expertise to conduct outreach to the AAPI communities. CHS ensures quality service for those who are affected, infected or living with AIDS by providing access to care and support. CHS is committed to equal opportunities and access to healthcare, ending HIV/AIDS myths and stigma through education, spreading community awareness, and advocating for the visibility, empowerment, and rights of people living with HIV/AIDS and health initiatives that impact the AAPI communities.
Health Educator provides services to educate young people on both abstinence and contraception to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS. In addition, the programs offer services to prepare young people for the future by implementing activities in areas such as healthy relationships, financial literacy, health life skills and communication skills. The Health Educator will report directly to the Health Educator Supervisor.
• Deliver evidence-based program and implement program activities to youth
• Facilitate and teach sexual health education to youth
• Complete required reporting
• Conduct community outreach and education
• Provide assistance and referral to comprehensive family planning service, health services or supportive services
• Maintain collaborative relationships with funding and government agencies and service providers
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Health and Health Educator Supervisor
• Bachelor’s Degree in health education/health related field, with experience/knowledge working youth and
demonstrated the ability to be an inclusive and non-stigmatizing approach to sexual health education
• Bilingual in Spanish and English and/or Chinese and English is a must
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interpersonal skills working with youth
• Computer literate
• Flexibility in schedule preferred
Excellent benefits package including paid holiday, vacation, sick and personal days. Medical insurance coverage including Dental and Vision; Basic Life Insurance coverage; 403(b) Retirement
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to:
Judy Ah-Yune: firstname.lastname@example.org and Gilbert Wu: Gwu@cpc-nyc.org.
Write: Health Educator in the subject line