Founded in 1965, the Chinese-American Planning Council, Inc. (CPC) is the nation's largest Asian American social services agency. Our vision is to advance and transform communities, and our mission is to promote social and economic
empowerment among Chinese American, immigrant and low-income communities. Our organizational values are: 1) We are our community; 2) We embrace our community; and 3) We empower our community.
Asian Family Services (AFS) provides child welfare preventive services to help keep children and their families together and avoid the placement of children in foster care. AFS addresses the multi-level needs of Asian American families, especially recent Chinese immigrants by providing support, advocacy, referral to services and case management to Asian American families throughout the five boroughs. Our professional staff consists of bi- and tri-lingual and bi-cultural caseworkers.
Child Welfare Caseworker provides supportive/rehabilitative services to Asian American children (18 or under) and their families. Services include case management, crisis intervention, counseling, parenting skills, training, and advocacy. The Child Welfare Caseworker will report directly to the Program Supervisor.
· Assess and manage cases including utilizing various assessment tools to aide in the creation of outcome-driven service plans.
· Complete safety and risk assessments, provide regular counseling sessions with caseloads.
· Set up objectives and service plan to correspond to the case’s needs.
· Prepare progress notes in a timely, clear and effective manner in accordance to agency funding source protocols.
· Prepare all assessments within established time frames.
· Compile monthly statistics pertaining to caseloads, the number of clients served, and the number of case contacts, kinds of services provided.
· Determine and advocate for clients’ entitlement and social services.
· Maintain collaborative relationships with funding and government agencies and external service providers.
· Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor / Program Director.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field preferred, with at least two years of relevant child welfare experience.
· Bilingual in Chinese (Cantonese and /or Mandarin) and English a must.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interpersonal skills working with families and children.
· Computer literate
· Flexibility in schedule preferred
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
Excellent benefits package including paid holiday, vacation, sick and personal days. Medical insurance coverage including Dental and Vision; Basic Life Insurance coverage; 403(b) Retirement
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to:
Judy Ah-Yune: firstname.lastname@example.org and Sherry Ng: sng@cpc‐nyc.org
Write: Child Welfare Caseworker in subject line