To view our current job listings, please click on the appropiate category below. If you would like to submit a job listing to us, please click here for our job submission form.
|Job Title||Quality Improvement Specialist|
|Enter a description of the Job|
Purpose of the Position: To conduct quality improvement activities within the Department/division to help to ensure the quality of care and services of the persons and families served by (name of programs) at SCO Family of Services.
Location: Brentwood, NY or Sea Cliff, NY (2 openings)
1. Assist program staff to meet Federal, State and local code and regulations and accrediting body standards.
2. Facilitate the preparation of Annual Action Plans, in support of long range strategic plans, for submission at the beginning and end of the year.
3. Conduct or oversee Case Record Review activities and prepare quarterly and annual Case Record Review reports, aggregating data, analyzing trends, and working collaboratively with program staff regarding follow-up activities and improvements, as required.
4. Coordinate and/or conduct Consumer Safety activities including: investigations/assessments and evaluations; incident/accident/grievance tracking; case reviews related to incidents; working closely with the Director of Agency-wide Quality Management on incident management requirements.
5. Prepare quarterly and annual Consumer Safety reports, aggregating incident /accident /grievance data, analyzing quarterly and annual trends and working collaboratively with program staff regarding follow-up activities and improvements.
6. Chair, as appropriate, and/or participate in program Incident Review Committee meetings, at least quarterly but usually monthly.
7. Conduct and/or coordinate the implementation and on-going administration of annual Customer Satisfaction Surveys within areas of program responsibility, aggregating data, analyzing Customer Satisfaction Survey trends and working collaboratively with program staff regarding follow-up activities and improvements, as required.
8. Prepare quarterly and annual Internal Quality Monitoring reports capturing key program indicators and other quality improvement data involving trends and working collaboratively with program staff regarding follow-up activities and improvements, as required.
9. Facilitate the submission of Outcome Measurement reports: Track key Outcomes and Performance measurements throughout the year, aggregating data, analyzing quarterly and annual trends and working collaboratively with program staff regarding follow-up activities and improvements.
10. Develop, as needed, and/or utilize agency systems for on-going program data collection and trend analysis, implementing procedures to use such systems in areas such as: demographics, incidents and accidents, the conduct of investigations, program specific demographics, etc.
11. Assist with the formulation, implementation and monitoring of corrective actions to ensure program improvement including but not limited to: policy/procedure development and review, systems development and review, establishing benchmarks, personnel assignments, training, etc., tracking the implementation of corrective actions providing follow-up, as needed, with program staff.
12. Participate in Quality Team meetings. Communicate results and recommendations to key audiences including the presentation of Quality Improvement reports to staff with analysis of trends. Assure recording of minutes, as appropriate.
13. Ensure the implementation requirements, as indicated in the agency Quality Improvement manual.
14. Other QI tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred in Human Services, Social Work, Health Care Administration, Public Administration or similar field. One year’s experience in quality improvement/program evaluation and/or administration in not-for-profit settings, preferred.
Experience with computer database and word-processing programs such as MS-Office Suite–Word, Excel, Access–to create and maintain databases, track and analyze information and data, desirable.
Experience with audit preparation, accreditation/survey activities (especially COA), TQM, CPI and Outcomes measurement is desirable.
Relationship with Others:
1. Must be a team player, able to engage people throughout the agency in order to interact with Administrative and Managerial staff as well as Supervisory and Line Staff, as appropriate.
2. Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences in order to work well amongst staff, persons and families served and complete tasks as assigned.
3. Ability to set limits, maintain role, work collaboratively and respectfully to intervene appropriately as a quality improvement staff person.
|Company Name||SCO Family of Services|