To view our current job listings, please click on the appropiate category below. If you would like to submit a job listing to us, please click here for our job submission form.
|Job Title||Substance Abuse Specialist/CASAC/CASAC-T|
|Enter a description of the Job|
SCO’s Family Treatment & Rehabilitation (FTR) Program provides supportive counseling and case management to increase safety, reduce risk and promote wellbeing for families coping with mental illness and/or substance abuse. The Substance Abuse Specialist is responsible for evaluation, treatment recommendations, brief supportive interventions and consultation with the treatment team. The Substance Abuse Specialist works closely with the team to insure all responsibilities are carried out in accordance with model fidelity and the standards of FTR, ACS and SCO Family of Services. We offer strong supervision and rich professional development.
· Evaluate and provide treatment recommendations and supportive individual and group interventions for parents, caregivers and youth.
· Learn the FTR practice model by participating in training and case consultation.
· Adhere to fidelity of the FTR model: Work within model structure regarding case contacts, interventions, supervision, documentation and length of treatment.
· Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team including Case Planners, Supervisors, Mental Health Specialist, Case Aides and FTC Facilitators.
· Participate as the substance abuse expert in Clinical Diagnostic Team Meetings to determine treatment plans.
· Provide expert consultation and training to staff on substance abuse related dynamics and best practices.
· Provide consultation on crisis management plans and safety plans as needed.
· Conduct toxicology tests as needed.
· Provide resources to staff for treatment referrals.
· Participate in Family Team Conferences as needed.
· Provide home based evaluations if necessary.
· Complete all required documentation and data entry within deadlines
· Utilize mobile technology to complete documentation.
· Attend individual and group supervision and all necessary meetings and trainings.
· Demonstrate strong sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic diversity.
· Commit to being an active contributor to the vision and mission of the program.
· Work to create and support a respectful learning environment.
· Other duties as assigned.
· BA and CASAC / CASAC-T
· Seeking candidates bilingual in Spanish.
· Previous experience in child welfare or family services setting preferred.
· Some evening hours required.
· Excellent organizational, written and oral skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Commitment to working from a strength based perspective.
|Company Name||SCO Family of Services|