|Enter a description of the Job|
JOB SUMMARY: The Coalition for Hispanic Family Services is looking for Preventive Services Site Directors for its Family Treatment and Rehabilitation (FTR) programs in Brooklyn and Queens. FTR services offers intensive preventive case management services to families at risk of removal of children to foster care due to neglect and abuse associated with drug use and/or mental illness. The FTR Site Director, in partnership with the Senior Director of Preventive Programs (SDP), will be responsible for the on-site, day to day function of the FTR program, and its service delivery to children and families referred by the Administration for Children Services (ACS). The scope of these responsibilities includes, but are not limited to, administrative management and accountability for 128 FTR family cases and its program site. Provide leadership, guidance, supervision and direction to program unit in its overall service provision and monitoring of referred family cases.
• Provide direct supervision of four FTR Supervisors to support and maintain focus on level of safety and risk and professional development
• Provide supervisory support, as may be required, of Case Planners, Case Aides in the absence of a Supervisor
• Provide supervision of two FTC Facilitators to support and maintain focus on level of safety and risk and monitor family case progress status
• Provide supervision of program Clinician and CASAC
• In partnership with the Solution-Based Casework (SBC) Training Coordinator and Supervisors, ensures program staff are trained and implement Solution-Based Casework Practice Model effectively with their client-families
• In partnership with the FTR Supervisor, attends Child Safety Conferences, reviews and approves all intake and discharge plans
• Oversees, in collaboration with the unit supervisors, program compliance with ACS program standards and implements services initiatives for the program to meet all programmatic requirements, including but not limited to: monitoring/managing program census and utilization, client engagement, ongoing collaboration with COS units and Family Court Legal System (FCLS) as maybe required, collaboration with community providers to families, meeting family contact requirements, family goal achievements, timely Family Team Conference (FTCs) and Family Assessment Services Plans (FASPs), and ongoing appropriate casework documentation
• Facilitates monthly Clinical Diagnostic Team (CDT) meetings to discuss family case progress, and develop intervention strategies to improve family outcomes
• Ensures program compliance with data collection and statistical reporting, including but not limited to timely data entry and reporting in PROMIS and CONNECTIONS systems
• In collaboration with the QA Specialist, utilizes QA Data to drive program performance and outcomes and ensure goals and targets are routinely met and/or exceeded
• Monitors and ensures program compliance and readiness for ACS PAMS audits
• In partnership with QA and SDP, participates in the Collaborative Quality Improvement work groups to address program improvement needs
• Meets with SDP for supervision to discuss program outcomes, intake/referrals, COS and FCLS systems issues, staff professional development, and high risk family cases
• Complete internal and external management reports as required
• Attend ACS and agency in-house trainings as required
• Provide staff training as maybe required
• Attend community events, forums, coalitions to increase program visibility and knowledge of community resources
• Complete special projects as assigned by the Senior Program Director
• Flexible hours, including Saturdays as may be required
QUALIFICATIONS: A Licensed Clinical Social Worker or LMHC and have experience working with a substance abuse/mental health population. Good verbal and written communication skills are also required, as well as being computer literate; at least four years as a program director or assistant director in foster care, preventive services or related field. Experience running staff trainings, psycho-educational groups, and Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred.
NOTE: This job description and specifications are not intended and should not be construed as an exclusive list of all responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle requirements of the position.